The NHS in Dr A Nandanavanam’s Ashfield Road Surgery, Pendeford Branch site and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The risk to the general public is moderate. If you have arrived back to the UK from mainland China, Thailand, Japan, Republic of Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia or Macau within 14 days, follow the specific advice for returning travellers.
Call 111 now if you've been:
- to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
- to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus
Do not go to a GP surgery, community pharmacy or hospital. Call 111, stay indoors and avoid close contact with other people.
Further information is available on nhs.uk.
Like the common cold, coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person with novel coronavirus via cough and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands.
The risk of being in close contact with a person with coronavirus or contaminated surfaces is very low at the current time, as members of the public who have visited Wuhan or Hubei province, China are currently in isolation.
Testing of suspected coronavirus cases is carried out in line with strict regulations. This means that suspected cases are kept in isolation, away from public areas of the hospital and returned home also in isolation. Any equipment that come into contact with suspected cases are thoroughly cleaned as appropriate. Specific guidance has also been shared with NHS staff to help safeguard them and others. Patients can be reassured that their safety is a top priority and are encouraged to attend all appointments as usual.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
You can find the latest information and advice from Public Health England at Further information is available on nhs.uk
DR A NANDANAVANAM'S ASHFIELD ROAD SURGERY & PENDEFORD BRANCH SITE
Late night opening at Ashfield Road
ASHFIELD ROAD SURGERY IS OPEN LATE NIGHTS ON A MONDAY EVENING 6.30 TO 8.00 PM.
Appointments available for Doctor, Practice Nurse and Clinical pharmacist - Please ask reception for details
WOLVERHAMPTON NORTH NETWORK (JULY 2019)
Do you need an appointment evenings or weekends? Appointments can be made through Ashfield Road Surgery, Pendeford Branch Surgery or Telephone on the day DIRECTLY TO THE SURGERY OPEN
EXTENDED HOUR APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AT THE FOLLOWING SURGERIES.
SATURDAY CLINICS 8AM TO 12 NOON - PRESTBURY MEDICAL CENTRE 81 PRESWOOD ROAD WEST WOLVERHAMPTON WV11 1HT TELEPHONE 01902 721021
SUNDAY CLINICS 8AM TO 12 NOON - SHOWELL PARK HEALTH CENTRE FIFTH AVENUE LOW HILL WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 9ST TELEPHONE 01902 446711
MONDAY EVENING 6.30 PM TO 8.00 PM - ASHFIELD ROAD SURGERY 39 ASHFIELD ROAD FORDHOUSES WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 6QX TELEPHONE 01902 783372
TUESDAY EVENING 6.30 PM TO 8.00 PM
- CANNOCK ROAD MEDICAL PRACTICE 60-62 CANNOCK ROAD WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 8PJ TELEPHONE 01902 739973
- KEATS GROVE SURGERY 17 KEATS GROVE WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 8LY TELEPHONE 01902 731907
WEDNESDAY EVENING 6.30 PM TO 8.00 PM - WODEN ROAD SURGERY WODEN ROAD WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 8BD TELEPHONE 01902 454242
THURSDAY EVENING 6.30 PM TO 8.00 PM - MGS MEDICAL CENTRE 191 FIRST AVENUE LOW HILL WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 9SX TELEPHONE 01902 728861
FRIDAY EVENING 6.30 PM TO 8.00 PM - SHOWELL PARK HEALTH CENTRE FIFTH AVENUE LOW HILL WOLVERHAMPTON WV10 9ST TELEPHONE 01902 446711
Appointments can be made through Ashfield Road Surgery, Pendeford Branch Surgery or telephoning the surgery directly.
Telephone the usual surgery numbers for an appointment